Nowadays, most parents send their children for music lessons at a very young age. This is a very good decision, simply because they are “as new as a blank paper”, and they can be able to absorb information easily and faster. Here are the benefits that can be supporting you yourself to learn music.
Table of Contents
– Learning music can help someone to improve their concentration and attention skills because they need to fully focus on what they are actually playing. Most of the professionals need to perform at least 3 minutes up to 1 hour (concerto).
– Actually, music is also related to mathematics. The reason is simply that in Music Theory, they need to understand the calculation/relationship between different note values, such as quaver (1/2), crotchet (1), minim (2), semibreve (4), etc.
– Depending on the instrument you pick, most of the instruments require both hands coordination. For piano, drums, etc even needed foot for the pedals.
– As a musician, communication is very important. They have to communicate with other players in order to play fluently. Imagine in a band or ensemble, every player has their own interpretation, the music definitely won’t be too sounding good.
– Learning music, we will be learning a few different foreign languages, such as Italian, German and French. Most of the composers used to put in their own language terms to the music. Understanding musical terms in different languages can help us interpret the music more easily.
– Imagine, you are able to play the song you like during your free time, how good that will be? Most often people are listening to the song they like while they are in either a sad, happy, stressed mood.
– Learning a new skill and being able to showcase it in front of people requires a lot of confidence. And this definitely takes time to slowly build their confidence.
– Listening skill is another crucial aspect that most musicians need to have. Not only the ability to listen to music (by analyzing), but also listening to the other players when playing as an ensemble. Imagine, if you are always self-centered, you won’t be synchronized and play as one together, because you are only focusing on your own part, and didn’t care about the others.
– People who are learning music can definitely increase their creativity. There is one aspect that musicians can improve on, called “improvisation”. This means the musician doesn’t have the chance to prepare in advance, they have to just play whatever they have on the spot, and here their creativity can be tested.
– People who learn music need to have strong discipline skills. They have to schedule a good time and stick to it in order to succeed. Practicing consistency is the key to success!
In Summary, there are so many benefits for one’s learning music. What are you waiting for? Go and pick one instrument and start learning now! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime