As a Film Composer, nowhere to go during Summer? Join the Film Music Workshop! It is definitely a good experience for you to meet up with the professionals and make new friends!
Table of Contents
What is workshop?
The workshops listed below are all guided by Hollywood A-List Composers, Orchestrators and Conductors. They will share the insights of Film Music, break down and discuss the process of Film Music.
List of Workshops
Hollywood Music Workshop (Baden, Vienna)
– Guest Lecturers includes Conrad Pope, Nan Schwartz, Joe Kraemer, John Lunn, Garry Schyman and Joanna Wallfisch.
– Courses includes Orchestration & Arrangement, Live-Recording, Composing for Film “Narrative Storytelling”, Composing for Video Games, Composing for TV Drama and The Human Voice in Filmmusic
- Learn from the best in the business
- Immerse yourself for several hours per day in concentrated work on featured topics
- Gain exclusive insider’s view of how people work at the highest level in the professional film music world
- Interact, receive assignments & feedback
- Utilize our Q&A via chat or in-person
- Active open-ended exchanges with the lecturer & participants
- Great opportunity to have an exceptional experience for yourself
- Spend time with lots of talented people from all over the world
- Make & enjoy new friendships
- Become a part of the HMW networking
Palomar Film Music Workshop (San Diego County, United States)
– Faculty includes Larry Groupe, Roger Neill, Garry Schymann, George S. Clinton, Richard Marvin, Steven Wayne Thomas, Jason Larocca, Brad Ritchie and Rachel Penn
– $2400 Tuition, from $729 Lodging & Meals
Culminating professional Hollywood-level recording sessions of your best composition from the workshop.
Orchestration techniques and hybrid scoring for the screen which amplifies the most important musical elements when mixed with dialogue and sfx.
Refining your dramatic sensibility and story arc concerns leading to how music functions best in cinematic situations.
Improving your MIDI demos so you sound more professional to better compete in the industry.
The invaluable immersive experience at the workshop making long-term friendships with your fellow composers, faculty, and visiting guests.
Business and contractual basics of how to monetize your artistic life with a variety of revenue streams.
NYU Film Scoring Workshop (New York, United States)
Creative Process and Composition
Critiques by Top Industry Guests
Logic Pro X + Sample Library Bootcamp
Virtual and Traditional Orchestration
Music Editing, Preparation, and Engineering
Evening Presentations with Industry Guests
Fusion Film Scoring (Thessaloniki, Greece)
Be mentored by our internationally acclaimed faculty and visiting industry professionals
Create an original score for a short film of approximately 5-minute duration
Receive copyright permission to use in their portfolio & share the film with their music
Receive a recording of their composition mixed and mastered as well as a pro-tools session with all the recorded material to be used creatively in the future.
- Selected participants will receive accreditation to take part at the Thessaloniki International Film Festival where they will have the opportunity to meet film industry professionals and promote their work at the market of the festival.
Los Angeles Film Conducting Intensive (Los Angeles, United States)
Faculty includes Conrad Pope, William Ross, Angel Velez, Booker White and Emilie Bernstein.
Film Scoring Summer Program (Varna, Bulgaria)
– 3100 Euros (Early Enrollment) – Deadline 1st October
4 Recording Sessions (Solo Piano, 7 Piece: String Quintet + 2 Clarinets, 21-Piece: Strings, Piano, Harp, 38-Piece: Symphony Orchestra)
12 Resident & Guest Lecturers
4 Star Accommodations at the Cherno More Hotel
6 university credits conferred upon completion
Screen Music Program (Pavia, Italy)
GEMS Program (Madrid, Spain)
Screen Composer Academy (Athens, Greece)
- 18 String Ensemble Recording at Antart Studios
- 34 Piece orchestra and 20 piece choir recording at Megaron Athens Concert Hall
3.5 weeks of lecturers and events of SCA
Music tech week individual tutoring
Mentoring 1 to 1 sessions with guest lecturers
Video of orchestral recording
Certificate of completion and Pulse College discount
Three Parts Syllabus (Part One: Instrumentation, Orchestration, Music Preparation)
Part Two: Midi Mockups, Recording, Mixing, and Hybrid Scores
Part Three: Scoring for the Screen, Music Business
Day trip to Athens and the Acropolis
I would really strongly recommend to anyone of you if possible please join the workshop to learn from the professionals. It will definitely be a wonderful experience for you to meet with so many talented people around the world. Hope to meet anyone of you in one of the workshop.
*I have joined the Hollywood Music Workshop, Fusion Film Scoring, Film Scoring Summer Program and GEMS Program. Feel free to ask any questions if you would like to.*